Thursday, May 21, 2020

Wood Hollow Cable Hat

Another pretty cable hat pattern is Wood Hollow Hat by Kirsten Kapur.  I used Encore worsted weight yarn and size 6 needles for the pink hat.  This hat is for a child.

I cast on 106 stitches and twisted rib for 12 rounds: K1tbl, P1. Next time I would also decrease the needle size to bring the ribbing in a little more.  Then I increased to 126 stitches.

I did 3 repeats only of the cable pattern because the hat is for a child.  I aimed for 8" long when finished.

I also knit the hat in purple Encore yarn.  Encore is 75% acrylic, 25% wool, for easy care and warmth.

I used size 6 needles for the ribbing, and size 8 for the hat to make this one hat larger.  I cast on 104 stitches with German Twisted Cast on, and k2,p2 ribbing, 10 rounds.  Change to size 8 needles and increase one stitch to 105 stitches.

I did three rounds of the cable pattern and decreases as per pattern.  It turned out approximately 8.5" long.  I love the large fluffy pompoms.

I love this warm hat, and it looks so pretty on N!
My notes:
Notes

Left Twist: Knit into the back of the 2nd stitch.  Then swing around and knit into the front of the first stitch as usual.   Take both stitches off the needle.
Right Twist:  Knit into the front of the 2nd stitch, then the front of the first stitch.  Take both off the needles.  I used this one. 
 A different version of Right Twist: K2tog but don’t take off the needles. Knit the first stitch again, and then take both off the needles. I think the first one looks a little neater.

No comments:

Post a Comment