Thursday, May 21, 2020

Pretty Cable Hat

I love this pattern--it's easy and so warm.  It's called Jason's Cashmere Hat by Melissa Thomson.  I used Blackberry Ridge worsted weight yarn, Fisherman Medium Weight, 4 ply, 250 yards/skein, 100% wool, 1 skein.  I purchased the wool at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival.

I cast on another repeat of the pattern.  Cast on 108 stitches using German Twisted Cast on and then k2,p2 rib for 4 inches on size 5 needles.  Then switch to size 7 needles.  

My finished length is approximately 8" long.  I love this pretty hat! 
My notes: 4 cable crosses plus rows 5-10 = 6 3/4” long with ribbing turned up. Start decreases. After round 7: do a round of (k2, P1) around to add a little more length.
After row 9 = 18 stitches. Do another round of decreases: k2tog. around. 9 stitches remain.
Finished length about 8” long.

No comments:

Post a Comment