Saturday, August 11, 2018

Victorian Lattice Square Afghan for A.

I'm crocheting an afghan for my granddaughter.  I'm using Stylecraft Dk acrylic yarn, and she chose the colors Lapis and Mushroom.  The squares will alternate in the afghan and be joined by the Lapis color, and I'll add a border in Lapis.


I love this pattern, and it's perfect for her. 


My notes:
I’m using Stylecraft DK yarn in Lapis blue and Mushroom and a size E 3.5 mm hook.
I am using the sc, ch1 as the first DC where the pattern says it. It makes a smaller DC which blends in well with the join each round. Round 9 is SC around. This is 14 sc, ch1 in space, 14 sc, then the corner of 2sc, ch3, 2 sc.
I’m adding a round of blue around each square, so the mushroom squares will have a round of blue. This is 16 sc, 1sc in center, 16 sc, 3 sc in corners around. I will join the squares with blue. So, the squares are now 7 1/2”.
Design:  6 squares wide by 8 squares long before border.  48 squares.  SC join in Lapis.

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely pattern. I've made a few squares. I'd really like to do an afghan or maybe a table runner. I do not like joining...anyway. I see that you used Caron's Simply Soft, that is my favorite yarn, I think it would be wonderful comfortable soft afghan to cozy under. Thank you for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Faith! Sorry, I just saw your comment. I love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete