Saturday, August 18, 2018

Parakeet Bead Loom Bracelet for my Granddaughter

My granddaughter has a parakeet named Chip, so I made her a bracelet with a parakeet that looks like Chip.  She helped weave a row of the bracelet, and her brother also wove a few rows.

I added an adjustable closure with a lobster claw.
My notes:  Light blue above beak.  Wrist size 5 1/4" for N.  Clasp adds about 1 1/4" so beads should be about 4 1/2".  Parakeet is 21 rows divided by 9 rows per inch, so 2 1/3".  4 1/2"= 4 x 9 = 36 + 4 =40 rows.  Decrease each side: 11-9-7-5 each side.  6 rows + 21 = 27.  40-27 = 13 rows so add 6 more rows per side before and after pattern.  Clasp: lobster and beads.  New thread, weave in well and come out center bead.  Make a chain of jump rings for one side.  Size 8 beads make a circle of 8 or 9 beads and add closed jump ring which chain is attached to. Other side: also about 8 or 9 beads with a jump ring attached to the lobster claw.  I used heavy duty jump rings from Hobby Lobby.  One G thread. When weaving in threads, I added a knot after weaving in about 10 rows and then went through a few more beads and cut thread.  Add a charm onto the last jump ring.  4 rings and a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment