Tuesday, October 11, 2022

J's Christmas Stocking

I saw a pattern for a very pretty Christmas stocking called Yuletide Monogram Stocking by Clare Lakewood and decided to make it for my daughter.  She will have a fireplace soon, and it will look so pretty on the fireplace this Christmas.

 

I used Rauma Strikkegarn, 2 balls each of red (144) and white (454).  Strikkegarn is Norwegian 100% wool.  I used needle sizes US 1 1/2 (2.5 mm) for the cuff and US 2 1/2 (3 mm) for the stocking.  

Strikkegarn is a heavier yarn than called for in the pattern, but I had some in my stash.  So, the Christmas stocking ended up larger.   Strikkegarn is a DK weight yarn. 

I knit a k2, p2 ribbing for the top edge instead of a hemmed cuff.  I also put her initial on both sides of the stocking instead of just the front.  I knit the alternate chart. 

I-cord loop:  I used 4 stitches for the I-cord.  To end the I-cord, take the tail of the yarn through the stitches from right to left twice.  Sew the I-cord on very securely about 1/2" down from the edge.  I sewed it also along the I-cord sides to make it more secure.

It will look so pretty on her fireplace!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment