Saturday, August 6, 2022

My Phoenix Afghan is Finished! Love it!

 I finished my Phoenix Afghan, which is a challenging project.  Each round is different, and there's lots of counting stitches.  There are lots of specialty stitches, too--puff stitches, clusters, back post and front post stitches, and more.

I worked into Part 9 and then stopped because my afghan was big enough.  So, I ended after Round 84.  The pattern is by Hooked on Sunshine.
 
I used a size H crochet hook.  I used Red Heart With Love and Red Heart Super Saver yarns.  I love the yarn colors.

I have two previous blog posts about this afghan with more pictures.

 


I decided to finish after the beautiful shell pattern from Rounds 83 and 83.  I added a round of SCs around the edge to finish.

I love the finished afghan and really enjoyed crocheting it.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn. found your blog today, when I found Kessenich looms on Pintrest. I have one, It's amazing, bought it 5 years ago, it's from Wawatusa and must have been made in the 60's but was UNUSED! What a gem.
    I just wanted to thank you for your photos of your refurb on your loom, Between you and someone named Leslie zantow, I've been able to replace the cords on the loom, although I am still having some issues with evenly raising the frames. I will contact Mr. Niemi after your assurance that he is good to talk to.
    Thanks for all the photos. your blog is nice to read through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful you have a Kessenich from the 60's! That's great you were able to replace the cords. I'm sure Bruce Niemi will be really helpful. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete