Saturday, May 21, 2022

Red Panda for Sweet N

I loved crocheting this red panda for N!  I hope she loves it.  The pattern was designed by Kezma Kilian, and I made a few changes.  I used Premier Chunky Parfait yarn and a size I 5.5mm crochet hook.

The yarn is very soft and plush, but it frays very easily.  It is suitable for amigurumi that isn't very detailed.  When sewing details onto the animal, you have to sew around the stitches because the yarn is just made of fluffy bits on a string.  The tail of yarn that you sew with can also fray very easily.  But, this pattern worked very well.  

I added the black heart since red pandas have black fur on their underside.  I stitched the eyebrows just over the eyes and made the white cheeks smaller than the pattern instructions.  This pattern was really fun to crochet.
 

I used size 16 or 18 mm eyes and 18 mm nose.  I spaced the eyes a bit closer with 10 sc between the eyes.  I skipped the bobbles on the legs and made them 3 rows longer than the pattern. I sewed the arms and legs a bit angled on the body.  I spaced the arms farther out than the pattern instructed.  

I can't wait to give it to N!  

My notes:  The Heart is the Large Heart from Love Hearts by June Gilbank of Planet June.  Acrylic worsted weight yarn and size H hook.

Arms and legs:  slip stitch to 1st sc to end and leave a long tail.  Sew the top edge closed.  Sew the arms and legs by sewing one thread of sc on top edge of arm/leg, and then around underside, also sew one thread of arm/leg to body to make it secure.  I also sew the ears closed and sew each front/back edge to the head. 


No comments:

Post a Comment