Tuesday, May 10, 2022

A Crocheted Cow for A!

 I really enjoyed crocheting this cow for my granddaughter.  She loved it!  

The yarn is Sweet & Snuggles, and it's a very bulky yarn.  It frays easily, and it's a bit hard to see stitches, so it was a little bit of a challenge to work with, but it's very snuggly and soft.  I used hook size 8 mm (L).

The pattern is by kaysplushies.   I crocheted a heart in place of one of the spots.   I used Parfait Chunky yarn for the spots with size 5.5mm I hook.  The eyes are 24 mm safety eyes.

My notes:  

Heart Patch:  Ch2.  In the first chain:

2 DC, 2 HDC, DC, 2HDC, 2DC, ch2, slip stitch into chain stitch.

Another heart:  Magic Ring:  Ch2, 3TC, 3DC, ch1, 1TC, ch1, 3DC, 3TC, ch2, slip stitch into ring.  Pull tight. 

Snout in pattern was difficult to figure out.  I did this:

1) Chain 7 stitches.  SC in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th stitches.  6th stitch:  3 sc.

Underside:  Sc in next 4 chains and 3 sc in last chain.  15 stitches.

2:  Sc in next 6 sc, 3 sc.  Underside:  SC in next 5 stitches, 3 sc, sc.  19 stitches.  

3)  SC in 19 stitches  Finish with a slip stitch in the first stitch.  Cut and pull loop out leaving a long tail for sewing.    

Invisible Decrease:  Insert hook into the front loop of the next 2 stitches.  YO and draw through 2 loops.  Yarn over and draw through next 2 loops.  

2 balls of Sweet & Snuggles white, 1 of gray.  One brown ball of Parfait Chunky yarn for spots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment