Monday, May 29, 2017

Owl Scarf for N!

This crocheted owl scarf will be for my granddaughter next fall.  The pattern is by Repeat Crafter Me.  I used Vanna yarns.  I think N will love it. 

                                                                    Owl Scarf for N
The pattern didn't have a facing for the owl, so I made two more owls in purple yarn.  After sewing on the face of the owl, I crocheted around the front and back of the owl to hide any yarn tails from sewing on the face.

Notes:
Owl Scarf for N. Vanna yarns--purple, dark pink, white, gold. This pattern is by Sarah Zimmerman, and her blog is RepeatCrafterMe.
Size G hook for eyes and beak and to crochet around owls with single crochet.
The owl at the edges of the scarf is so cute, but it’s difficult to hide the ends of the yarn after sewing the face on. I made another owl in the background color (purple) and single crocheted them together all around the sides. Then I added the contrast color onto the top of the owl through both layers to begin the scarf. Repeat for other owl.
I added a row of sc around the scarf edges using a G hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment