Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Weaving a Guitar Strap, My Flag Design

I wove a guitar strap for my husband in a flag pattern that I designed using the Pattern Generator online. 
                                                          My Flag Design Guitar Strap

I used a Schacht inkle loom.  The guitar strap is 60" before sewing the ends.  I used size 3/2 cotton weaving thread, and 78 ends.  The ends and buckle are from A Spinner Weaver.

Here's a picture of the band on the loom.
                                                My Flag Band on the Schacht Inkle Loom
Here's a close-up of the band.
                                                               Close-up of Flag Band
Here's my design if anyone wants to try it.  I added 16 threads to my pattern to make the band 2" wide for the guitar strap.  So, I added 4 red, 4 white, 4 red, 4 white for a total of 78 threads.

                                       My Flag Design for an Inkle Band Guitar Strap

Inkle bands are a lot of fun to make.  Have fun weaving!

2 comments:

  1. I am using your inkle flag strap pattern to make my husband a ukulele strap. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nancy! I'm so glad you're using it! :)

      Delete