Friday, February 26, 2016

Johann Schleelein's 123 Overshot Scarf

I'm beginning my Overshot Scarf pattern from the Johann Schleelein's 123 draft in Marguerite Porter Davison's book.  In my previous post, I re-drafted the pattern to add borders and to complete the petals of the design on the top, bottom, and sides of the scarf.                                              

                                            The Beginning of the Overshot Scarf

 I'm using Brown Sheep Nature Spun fingering weight yarn in natural for the warp and weft.  For the pattern, I'm using Brown Sheep sport weight in blue.  My sett is 12 epi using my 12 dent reed.  I'm using my Kessenich table loom.  I'm having to use pretty tight tension on the warp to beat more firmly for the overshot.

I'm a novice at overshot, so I'm thrilled to see the pattern emerge.  This is a lot of fun, but takes concentration!  

                                                               A Bit Further Along

No comments:

Post a Comment