Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Christmas Bead loom Weaving

A bit more Christmas bead weaving, for 2 granddaughters.  These bracelets are fun to make. It can be difficult to find patterns for bead loom weaving for bracelets since I didn't want them to be too wide. 

Patterns that work for bead loom weaving include graphs for Perler Beads.  The beads for Perler beading line up like the beads for bead loom weaving.  Fair Isle knitting graphs also work.  I've heard cross stitch graphs work, too.  Peyote graphs do not work since the beads line up like bricks.  You can also use square stitch to make bracelets that look like bead loom weaving.


I used size 8 Toho round beads, One G thread, and a size 10 beading needle. I like One G thread much better than Nymo D because it shreds much less and is easier to thread the needle.  I decreased both bracelets to about 9 beads before adding the clasp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment