Sunday, February 26, 2017

Colonial Day Costume for N.

The 2nd graders at N's school have Colonial Day every spring, and I take my table loom and tape loom to teach them about weaving.  The kids all dress up in LIttle House on the Prairie style clothing and have lots of fun.

I just finished N's dress, pinafore, and bonnet.  I'll also make a matching doll outfit.  The girl outfit is McCall's 9424.  It's a lot of fun to make.  Cotton calico fabric and cotton broadcloth.

                                                               McCalls 9424
                                                             Bonnet McCall's 9424
I lined the bonnet completely by cutting out an extra bonnet piece instead of a small facing piece.  This makes the bonnet pretty on the inside also.
                                                        Peter Rabbit Buttons  :)
N liked the Peter Rabbit buttons, so her dress has 3 Peter Rabbit buttons, definitely not Colonial times, but fun!  The label says Specially Handmade by Grandma, and it was from Joann's, but I got it some time ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment