Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Randy's Christmas Stocking

Christmas Stocking from Annie's Woolens.
I bought the kit from the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival, and it comes with the pattern and yarns.  The yarns are very rustic. 
                                                              Randy's Christmas Stocking
I added two stitches to the stocking to have room for the name on each side.  I used lettering from the Letty's Christmas Stocking patterns.
                                                Close-up of Christmas StockingLetters
This is a really fun Christmas stocking to knit. 

My notes: 
This is a kit from Annie’s Woolens. I used the lettering from a different Christmas stocking. Size 5 needles for hem, and size 7 needles for stocking. I used size 6 needles for the heel because sometimes an afterthought heel seems so clunky.
I picked up a thread on each side of the afterthought heel and twisted it and knitted it together with the next stitch, but I still had a gap at the edges that had to be repaired.
Fun project. It’s a bit small for a 16” needle. I added two stitches so the name would fit better and had an extra decrease at the beginning of the toe.
I whipstitched the hem down, not too tightly instead of knitting it together with the stitches on the needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment